This precise assortment is the 1st to carry recognition to Antonio Gramsci’s paintings inside geographical debates. featuring a considerably diverse analyzing to Gramsci scholarship, the gathering forges a brand new strategy inside of human geography, environmental stories and improvement theory.
- Offers the 1st sustained try to foreground Antonio Gramsci’s paintings inside of geographical debates
- Demonstrates how Gramsci articulates a wealthy spatial sensibility while constructing a particular method of geographical questions
- Presents a considerably various analyzing of Gramsci from dominant post-Marxist views, in addition to newer anarchist and post-anarchist critiques
- Builds at the emergence of Gramsci scholarship lately, taking this ahead via stories throughout a number of continents, and asking how his writings may perhaps have interaction with and animate political routine today
- Forges a brand new procedure inside human geography, environmental stories and improvement thought, development on Gramsci’s leading edge philosophy of praxis
Read Online or Download Gramsci: Space, Nature, Politics PDF
Similar Communism Socialism books
The 1st quantity of a political treatise that modified the worldOne of the main infamous works of contemporary occasions, in addition to the most influential, Capital is an incisive critique of non-public estate and the social kin it generates. dwelling in exile in England, the place this paintings was once mostly written, Marx drew on a wide-ranging wisdom of its society to help his research and create clean insights.
Severe thought emerged within the Nineteen Twenties from the paintings of the Frankfurt institution, the circle of German-Jewish lecturers who sought to diagnose-and, if in any respect attainable, cure-the ills of society, relatively fascism and capitalism. during this publication, Stephen Eric Bronner offers sketches of major representatives of the severe culture (such as George Lukács and Ernst Bloch, Theodor Adorno and Walter Benjamin, Herbert Marcuse and Jurgen Habermas) in addition to a lot of its seminal texts and empirical investigations.
Additional info for Gramsci: Space, Nature, Politics